Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have had a craving for oatmeal cookies, but had no plain instant oatmeal, so I didn't let that stop me. The results of my experminet. Fabulous !!! You choose the flavor, you taste the results.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (35 g) packages quick-cooking oatmeal (I used 2 banana cream,1 cinnamon spice,2 peaches & cream and 1 raisin, walnut and date that is what)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Adding a little skim milk if needed.
- Bake 350 for 10 minutes, let cool and place on rack.
These were good. Had to cook just a tad bit longer (but I think that is my oven!). Think next time I will experiment by adding some dried fruit to match the packets I have on hand (for example, the peaches N cream I had this evening).