Recipe by Dine & Dish
A delicious, flavorful and exotic treat! Carmelized pineapple full of flavor gives this yummy dessert dish a high rating in my family! WE often sub fresh pineapple for the canned.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup rum, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the pineapple in the syrup in a single layer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until browned on the first side. Turn with a small spatula or tongs and cook on the second side until the pineapples are soft and richly browned.
- Add rum and flambe, keeping face clear of flames. Arrange on dessert plates.