1/2 Photos of Exotic Mango Banana Jam Delite
This will bring the tropic to you! Serve it on bread, in a cake glaze a chicken or over cream cheese as a spread. Love to see what you do with it! Will make about 8-10 (8 oz) half pints for gift giving or about 160 servings, 1 Tbsp. each for your own consumption. ;)
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups finely chopped pitted peeled mangoes (about 4 medium be sure they are NOT bruised)
- 2 cups crushed ripe bananas (not brown)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half Lengthwise
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon banana liqueur (optional)
- 1Crush bananas with lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile prepare boiling water canner. Heat 7-10 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 3Combine mangoes, bananas and vanilla in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Add up to 1/2 tsp butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Add entire measure of sugar and liqeuer if using, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- 5Carefully remove vanilla and ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- 6Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Lable.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Exotic Mango Banana Jam Delite
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 160
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: