Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are pretty and they really look exotic!Can be served with cocktail rye or cocktail pumpernickel and can be made a few hours in advance. Found this on Mealsforyou.com and have just made a few changes. Great for the coming holidays.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked lobster meat or 1⁄2 lb imitation lobster meat
- 1 ounce chopped pimiento
- 1 ounce tarama (caviar) (optional) or 1 ounce salmon roe (caviar optional)
- 1 ounce anchovy fillet, chopped or 1 ounce anchovy paste
- 1 ounce unsalted butter or 1 ounce unsalted margarine
- 2 -3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- parsley, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place on a platter and garnish, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or cocktail bread.
I could give this 5 stars if I had done a couple of things a bit differently. I could not find any real lobster so I used imitation - not the same. If you can't find lobster I suggest using large prawns. The only cavier I could find (I live in a small town) was a domestic black. The color runs and so I could not mix it in I placed it on top - this worked fine. The anchovies that I used were the saltiest I have ever tasted. Even with all this the recipe was very good but a bit too salty (anchovies and cavier) I think that red cavier will be prettier. Definately a treat and perfect for the midnight snack on New Years. Thanks DIScharf for posting