Recipe by Rita~
A zesty combination of lemony herbs. The lemon zest I dried in a dehydrator but you can dry in a very low oven or leave at room temperature for 24 hours. With saffron and calendula to add color to the dish. Season a chicken, shrimp or a fillet of fish, add to the water rice for a vibrant color and lemon flavor. Add it to a tartar sauce or salad dressing for an extra Yum!
- 4 lemons, dried zest
- 1⁄4 cup peppercorn
- 1⁄2 cup packed dry lemon verbena
- 1⁄2 cup packed dry lemon basil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried lemongrass
- 1⁄4 cup calendula flowers (the dried petals)
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lemon zest and peppercorns in a spice grinder or use a mortar and pestle to grind fine.
- Add to a small bowl food processor or a vita mix dry blender, add the herbs and pulse to grind fine, add sugar and salt pulse to blend.
- Have fun creating dishes with this herb mix.