Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This bread smells very fragrant when it's baking in the oven. It's baked flat but will rise just enough so that you can split it horizontally and make a sandwich with it. The oatmeal makes it a little healthy. The recipe was actually built on my recipe for oatmeal molasses bread. If you don't have an oil sprayer, just use a brush or your fingers to spread olive oil over the top before baking. This recipe is meant for making with a bread machine. The prep time includes mixing time in the bread machine, resting, etc.
- Add the first 7 ingredients (up to and including yeast) in container for bread machine.
- Mix the dough using the dough mixing cycle on bread machine.
- At the beep, add the cumin and/or caraway seed and the hemp seed if you want.
- When the dough is finished mixing, put it on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been dusted with flour. Fold in the grated cheese and flatten it as much as possible.
- Let it rest for about 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 F (if using hemp seed) or 350F (if not using hemp seed).
- After resting, it should be easy to roll it out. It should cover a jelly roll pan. Press in the garlic slices and spray or drizzle olive oil on top of the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325F or 25 min at 350°F.
- When it's done, let it cool for at least 15 minutes. Use a pizza slicer to cut it up and enjoy!