Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The recipe is from the Royal Caribbean International Cookbook. A delicious refreshing tropical fruit salad. Makes one remember the cool night breezes and bright warm sun of the islands.
- 78.07 ml diced papaya
- 78.07 ml diced mango
- 78.07 ml diced honeydew melon
- 78.07 ml diced cantaloupe
- 78.07 ml diced seedless watermelon
- 8 strawberries, washed and quartered lengthwise
- 118.29 ml papaya nectar
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 4 slice fresh pineapple, diced
- mint sprig, for garnish
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine all the fruit; add the papaya nectar and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 chilled serving plates and garnish with mint spring, serve immediately.
The farmers market had great melons, so this salad recipe was great. The dressing makes the salad, this salad was a hit at the ZWT9.
Used fresh strawberries from our CSA box along with papaya, watermelon and fresh pineapple. Served over a bed of crispy green lettuce also from the CSA box, garnish of lime zest and the dressing was really good! Fresh flowering mint from the herb garden, too.Made for ZWT 9. Good stuff! Thanks!
How can you fault a fruit salad with so much great fruit in it? The only thing I left out were the strawberries because they're already out of season here. The lime really kept things fresh and zippy.