Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005. This comes from www.marions-kochbuch.de. Make sure you use the kiwi fruits and a nice white wine from any of New Zealand's fabulous wine regions, such as Hawkes Bay, (any other will work as well though) for a typical NZ flavour.
- Wash the kumquats and star fruit (both can be eaten with their peel left on) and dry thoroughly.
- Peel the mango, kiwi fruits and grapefruit.
- Slice all fruit, apart from the kumquats and thread onto skewers alternating between the different varieties.
- Set aside.
- In a pan bring the milk, sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the corn flour together with the white wine.
- Take the milk off the heat and whisk in the wine mixture.
- Return back onto the hob and quickly bring back to the boil, whisking continually.
- As soon as it boils remove pan from heat.
- Leave for a minute or so, then add the egg yolk, you have to be careful here to whisk very quickly and hard, so that the yolk doesn't start cooking and curdles.
- Transfer into a chilled bowl immidiatly.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and add to the wine creme, carefully mixing it inches
- Place the bowl in a cold water bath to cool, stirring occassionally to avoid a skin forming.
- Divide the wine creme between three plates and place a fruit kebab on top.