Recipe by Annacia
This is another that I had put away and forgotten about. I like the cinnamon-ginger. These are good any time of year if you like flavored coffee or tea!
Top Review by Lalaloula
WOW, what a wonderful recipe!!!!
My sis and me made the ginger-cinnamon version to give-away to friends in a coffee/tea themed gift basket and they loved this sugar specialty! They have been using it for quite some time now and definitely want the recipe or a refill. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this terrific gift idea with us, Annacia!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #28 November 2010.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (for Vanilla Bean)
- 1 candy cane, broken into pieces (for Peppermint Stick)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender (for Lovely Lavender)
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, and
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for Cinnamon- Ginger)
- 2 cups sugar, for each flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Vanilla Bean -- Add 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, to 2 cups sugar, store 1 week before using.
- Peppermint Stick -- In a food processor, combine 2 cups sugar and 1 candy cane or use any peppermint candy, broken into pieces, store 2 days before using.
- Lovely Lavender -- Tie 2 tablespoons dried lavender in cheesecloth.Add it to 2 cups sugar, store 2 weeks before using.
- Cinnamon- Ginger -- In food processor, combine 2 cups sugar, 2 Tblsp. crystallized ginger and 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon, process, store 1 week before using.