Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another that I had put away and forgotten about. I like the cinnamon-ginger. These are good any time of year if you like flavored coffee or tea!
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (for Vanilla Bean)
- 1 candy cane, broken into pieces (for Peppermint Stick)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender (for Lovely Lavender)
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, and
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for Cinnamon- Ginger)
- 2 cups sugar, for each flavor
- Vanilla Bean -- Add 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, to 2 cups sugar, store 1 week before using.
- Peppermint Stick -- In a food processor, combine 2 cups sugar and 1 candy cane or use any peppermint candy, broken into pieces, store 2 days before using.
- Lovely Lavender -- Tie 2 tablespoons dried lavender in cheesecloth.Add it to 2 cups sugar, store 2 weeks before using.
- Cinnamon- Ginger -- In food processor, combine 2 cups sugar, 2 Tblsp. crystallized ginger and 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon, process, store 1 week before using.
WOW, what a wonderful recipe!!!!
My sis and me made the ginger-cinnamon version to give-away to friends in a coffee/tea themed gift basket and they loved this sugar specialty! They have been using it for quite some time now and definitely want the recipe or a refill. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this terrific gift idea with us, Annacia!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #28 November 2010.
This worked fantastically. I made the lavender one for gifts! They were amazing and smelled so fantastic! I did not wait the whole two weeks before trying this but the gifts will be aging well! *Made for Beverage Tag*
I chose to make the sugar using a vanila bean. I could hardly wait for the week to pass by to try this flavored sugar out. It was definitely worth the wait. I used the vanilla sugar in my morning cup of tea and it was delicious. I'm going to make some more to give out as gifts. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe, Annacia. Made for July, 2008 Bevy Tag.