Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an easy dish to put together and incredibly flavorful. You will enjoy this!
Make and share this Exotic Chicken & Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chickens or 1 quartered chicken, with skin on
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons dry chicken soup powder
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- garlic powder
- 2 cups rice
- water, to cover
- Saute onion on low flame until nicely carmelized taking care not to burn the onions.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings, stir.
- Add uncooked rice and herbs. If using whole chicken then stuff with rice mixture and layer pan with remaining rice. If not stuffing the chicken simply layer a large roaster pan with rice mixture and add water to cover. Place chicken over rice and cover well. After an hour turn over chicken and add more water if needed. Cover again and cook until tender (approximately another two hours).
This wea really fanstastic. The flavor of the rice was intense! I felt the instructions were a little unclear. I didn't know if the herbs should be chopped (I did) and assumed it was supposed to be cooked on the stovetop, but it never said that. I ended up cooking it two hours on the stovetop and keeping it warm one hour in the oven. Very tender and juicy