Prep 10 mins
Cook 38 mins
This is a recipe that IGA printed in it's BBQ booklet. I would love to try this recipe this summer, because my family eats chicken every week, and this would be a great change from the oven-baked chicken my mother makes. Cooking time includes marinade timing.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 fresh mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- Combine oil, curry and ginger in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken breasts into same sized cubes, and place them in a plastic freezer bag (eg Ziploc).
- Add marinade and shake to coat the chicken. Let it marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the BBQ to high. Skewer the chicken breast cubes, diced mango and onions.
- Grill about 6 to 8 minutes, making sure to turn a few times. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with a spinach salad or rice.
This was a very easy, tasty recipe. This was our first time trying grilled mango and we really enjoyed it. We served with a side of grilled asparagus. Thanks! Made for ZWT7
We loved this dish! I let it marinate for 3 hours and it sure didn't suffer from it. I doubled the ginger and added green pepper to the kebabs. I served with a coconut mango rice for a great dinner. Made for ZWT 7 - Food.Commandoes
This was delicious!! I made as is but followed other reviewer's suggestions and way upped the amount of ginger. I used a hot curry powder and the end result after marinating was just to our taste. I served this with pineapple curry rice and used the extra dressing I made for the rice salad, to pour over the skewers which totally complimented them and the flavour was just outstanding. I loved using the mango on the skewers have never thought of that before but yum it works so well. These totally fab skewers just go so well with pineapple rice which I added finely desiccated coconut to, for a total tropical exotic meal what with the mango, pineapple and coconut Yum, Yum and Yum.. Will definitely be enjoying these more this summer.. Thanks for sharing Studentchef..