Recipe by Studentchef
This is a recipe that IGA printed in it's BBQ booklet. I would love to try this recipe this summer, because my family eats chicken every week, and this would be a great change from the oven-baked chicken my mother makes. Cooking time includes marinade timing.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 fresh mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, curry and ginger in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken breasts into same sized cubes, and place them in a plastic freezer bag (eg Ziploc).
- Add marinade and shake to coat the chicken. Let it marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the BBQ to high. Skewer the chicken breast cubes, diced mango and onions.
- Grill about 6 to 8 minutes, making sure to turn a few times. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with a spinach salad or rice.