Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is appreciated by most because it's so different than most. The exotic taste surprises many, and the mixture of honey, orange and spices makes it a real delight. This is the result of my many experiments.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika (Hungarian)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 orange, zest of, cut into strips
- Lay the red pepper strips in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch oven proof dish and deposit the breasts on top.
- In a bowl mix orange juice, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; lay mixture over chicken.
- Put dish in preheated oven at 350°F for 45-55 minutes; baste it from time to time.
- Take out the chicken.
- Drain it well; keep aside in a warm dish.
- Mix corn starch and water, on stove top. Bring to a boil the juice; pour in the cornstarch little by little until you get the desire thickness (about like half and half or thicker).
- Dress the plate with 1 breast and a few pepper strips.
- Cover with sauce and orange zest on top.
- This can be served with some rice on the side.