Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT7 Central & South America. 5 stars on http://www.bbcgoodfood.com. Savour sharp, sweet flavours in this exotic avocado salad.
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 ripe papayas
- 3 ripe avocados
- 85 g trimmed and washed watercress
- 20 g of fresh mint
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry-fry the pumpkin seeds in a frying pan for a few minutes, tossing and turning them until they look toasted.
- Tip them out of the pan and let them go cold.
- Peel the papayas, halve them lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh into long, thin slices.
- Halve the avocados and remove the stones, then peel off the skin and slice the flesh lengthways into thin slices.
- Put the papayas, avocados, pumpkin seeds and watercress into a large bowl.
- Chop about 1 tbsp of the mint leaves and set aside.
- Pick the remaining leaves from the stalks and tear them into the bowl.
- Mix the lime juice and olive oil with the rest of the chopped mint to make a dressing, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad and gently mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if you think it needs it, then transfer to a serving platter.