Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This delicious carrot cake was the winner at our provincial exhibition a number of years ago. It is a winner at our house as well!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg (I rarely use the nutmeg)
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 709.77 ml grated carrots
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 113.39 g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 29.58 ml butter (room temperature)
- 14.79 ml cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml icing sugar (approximately_)
- In bowl: combine and whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and set aside.
- With electric mixer on low beat oil, sugar and eggs until combined, then beat on medium for two minutes.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in grated carrots and raisins.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan or two greased round cake pans.
- Bake 325 for 50 - 60 minutes
- cool 10 minutes and turn out on wire rack.
- NOTE this is a very moist cake so be sure to cool on wire racks
- When completely cooled ice with Cream cheese Icing: Beat the cream cheese, butter, cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in icing sugar, more if necessary for desired consistency.
I love almost all variations of carrot cake and am always looking for the perfect one. I really enjoyed this cake. It is so moist. I loved the addition of nutmeg. Very good! Thanks so much for posting!