Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is essential for feet.
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup unscented body lotion
- 4 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Slide feet into mixture and rub, beginning at toes, working up to heel and ankle.
- Do one foot at a time, rinsing in a separate bowl of warm water.
Very, very nice. I used Nature's Gate Tea Tree lotion, which is not unscented, but very nice and lightly scented, but I'm sure you could do this with any lotion you want. It is a thick lotion, so I ended up adding a bit of extra aloe vera gel. It worked great making my feet and hands very soft- wonderful soft and luxurious feeling. I think that Kay Demonbren's suggestion of grinding up the oats a little is a good one, but it worked just fine as-is. Great stuff and very cheap and easy to make. Thanks!
I like this. It's quick and easy to throw together and inexpensive to make (beats the $20 jar of foot scrub from that popular national chain). I didn't have unscented lotion, but the scented was just as pleasing to me. I think next time I do this, I may grind the oats in the food processor a little so they can really get in there and "scrub". Thanks for this recipe.