Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This scrub is from the Hosteria Las Quintas Eco Spa, in Cuernevaca, Mexico. It makes a wonderful gift and is excellent for sensitive skin or soothing to dry skin. Do not add the honey or water if giving as a gift.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup rose petal
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 1 cup dry milk
- essential oil, of your choice
- honey or water, to make paste
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT essential oil in food processor until well mixed& powdered.
- In a glass bowl mix with essential oil, a few drops.
- Put into a pretty jar and use before bathing.
- You can add honey or water to make a paste which you massage into skin.
- Soak off in the tub for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse off and apply moisturizing lotion.
This scrub was awesome!I made this after a very long, rough day and it not only left my skin super soft, it was also very relaxing. I did use half sugar, half salt because my skin is very dry and I was afraid that the salt would make it drier. Also, I used dried white rose petals from my garden, but I when I make this as a present I plan to use pink petals to make it look prettier. Thank you so much for posting. Made for Alphabet Soup Chef Game.
Yes! After endless searching I found the scrub I used for a month before my wedding 18 years ago. It was marvelous and I had lost the recipe and need it now for my daughter. I did substitute sugar for the salt as this is for the scrub effect and you can mix this with rose water as well. TQ for posting.
Thank you for sharing this, Auntie Susan! I made this as a gift for my mom for Dushera(a prime festival of ours), today, and she loved it. She added it to a tob of tepid water and soaked her feet in it. She thanks you for the recipe and says that her feet feel very soft, clean, gentle and really nice after using this scrub. As for me, I love the idea of having rose petals in this:-) Thank you for sharing this!