Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not all of us are blessed with a grill, yet we desire tasty burgers at home! Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Recipe by Alicia Ross for Kitchen Scoop -- Published: June 15, 2012.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 56.69 g monterey jack pepper cheese (sliced)
- 4 small hoagie rolls
- Mix together ground beef and all ingredients (EXCEPT pepper jack cheese) in a medium bowl.
- Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into mini-loaves, about 4 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high. Pan-fry burgers to personal preference: 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 5 to 6 minutes for medium.
- Top with cheese and cover skillet to melt, 1 minute.
- Serve immediately on rolls with toppings of choice ~ (mustard, mayo, ketchup, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, minced onion, pickles).
- Makes 4 servings.
I am so full I could burst! What a delicious little hoagie burger! The flavour of the parmesan came through nicely. I decided to saute some onions to put on top and that was yummy too. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thanks for the great recipe.
These are really good, made as directed except I used pepper jack cheese. Thanks for sharing!