Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Not all of us are blessed with a grill, yet we desire tasty burgers at home! Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Recipe by Alicia Ross for Kitchen Scoop -- Published: June 15, 2012.
Top Review by mums the word
I am so full I could burst! What a delicious little hoagie burger! The flavour of the parmesan came through nicely. I decided to saute some onions to put on top and that was yummy too. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (sliced)
- 4 small hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground beef and all ingredients (EXCEPT pepper jack cheese) in a medium bowl.
- Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into mini-loaves, about 4 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high. Pan-fry burgers to personal preference: 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 5 to 6 minutes for medium.
- Top with cheese and cover skillet to melt, 1 minute.
- Serve immediately on rolls with toppings of choice ~ (mustard, mayo, ketchup, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, minced onion, pickles).
- Makes 4 servings.