Recipe by betteanderson
This recipe is the result of endless attempts to recapture the taste of my mother's wonderful potato salad! It is basically your traditional potato salad with some added elegance.
- 5 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip (not mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle potatoes with the vinegar, salt, sugar and celery seed.
- Add onion, celery and sweet pickle.
- Mix dijon mustard and Miracle Whip salad dressing together well and gently mix into ingredients.
- Fold in the hard-cooked sliced eggs.
- Sprinkle top of salad very lightly with paprika, overlap three hard-boiled egg slices in a circle and place sprig of parsley in center Chill and serve.