Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an incredibly delightful--and incredibly easy--cranberry salad, perfect for year 'round. This works well with your favorite holiday meal, and is a perfect compliment for a light summer meal. I've even had this for lunch, so good!! This recipe was created by one of the teachers my mother works with.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 1 cup crushed pecans (or other favorite nut)
- 2 medium sized apples (unpeeled)
- Strain the liquid from both cans of crushed pineapple. Good tip--put the pineapple into a fine mesh sieve and press it down with the bottom of a bowl. Make sure you have most of the juice removed. You can save the pineapple juice if you have another recipe to use it in--I save mine & make smoothies for the kids.
- In a large mixing bowl put both cans of strained pinapple & both cans of cranberry sauce.
- Add 1 cup of crushed pecans. Add more or less (or none) depending on taste.
- Core and dice two medium sized apples. Using a firmer apple, like Fuji, helps it keep it's consistency.
- Mix all ingredients together, making sure you have no "clumps" of cranberry sauce. Chill and serve. Enjoy!