1/3 Photos of Excellent Yam and Apple Casserole
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My mom made this casserole for Easter dinner. The dish received rave reviews from everyone including my 2 year old!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil yams for 30 minutes or until tender yet firm. For a quicker method, poke holes in the yams and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the cornstarch and brown sugar. Whisk in the apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, and allspice. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Boil 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Preheat over to 375°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 4Peel cooked yams and cut into 1/3-inch slices.
- 5Place a single layer of yams down into greased baking pan. Second layer will be your sliced apples. Repeat with another layer of yams.
- 6Dump sauce over top of yams.
- 7Cover pan with tinfoil and bake for one hour. Remove foil and continue baking for another half hour. Baste every half hour to prevent the yams and apples from drying out.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Excellent Yam and Apple Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g