Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 14 mins
The best, vegetarian chili I've ever had. It's also my youngest daughter's favorite, as she's a vegetarian.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut-up
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- Cover bottom of Dutch oven with 3 - 4 tablespoons of water.
- Add onions, celery, green peppers and garlic.
- Sauté until wilted (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add zucchini and cook until tender; (5 - 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer one hour.
I agree, this is the best.