Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I watched this this Sunday on Mirch Masala, Star Plus. It is the recipe of a cookbook writer named Fatima Khan. It is so yum!!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 100 g vermicelli (it's known as 'sevain' in Hindi)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 liters fresh milk
- 100 g condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon green cardamoms, powdered
- 2 tablespoons chironji
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak vermicelli in water and keep aside.
- Heat milk on low flame, stirring frequently, and cook till the 1 1/2 ltrs milk reduces to only 1/2 ltr.
- Heat ghee in a small wok.
- Add drained vermicelli to the ghee.
- You may break the vermicelli into smaller portions when adding with your hands, or, better still, buy the small vermicelli from the market.
- It's easier to work with that.
- Saute briefly.
- Add raisins and water.
- Cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the 1/2 ltr of milk.
- Mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder, chironji, pistachios and almonds.
- Mix well.
- Remove from stove.
- Pour into individual bowls.
- Serve immediately.