Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
It is very spongy and nice.
- 5 egg yolks
- 30 g sugar, 2 tbsp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 60 ml milk
- 80 g plain flour
- 20 g cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g sugar, 3 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat yolks and sugar till smooth.
- Mix in the rest stopping at the egg whites.
- Separately beat whites with cream of tartar.
- Add sugar to beat till stiff and firm but not dry.
- Mix the 2 together and bake till done.
- Temperature 160°C/170C in 8" round tin.
- Remove from the tin immediately.