1/1 Photo of Excellent Pie Crust
Park Rangerette's Note:
This turns out flaky and perfect every single time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening and blend until like cornmeal.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well; pour over flour mixture.
- 4Stir until it makes a stiff dough. This will look like it needs more liquid but don't add it! Stir it as well as you can, then use your hands to take up the extra flour. Handle it as little as possible and try not to overwork it as this will make it tough.
- 5Roll out on lightly floured surface.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Excellent Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.5
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g