Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the best pecan pie that I have had. The secret to this pie is cooking the butter until golden brown. There is a definite difference in doing it this way.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten (large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Brown butter in a pan until golden brown, watch carefully so as not to burn it.
- Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir well and mix in butter.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees and continue bake for 40 minutes more.
Very good pecan pie! I strained the butter through a fine mesh to get the little browned particles out, and used pecan halves in concentric circles, rather than chopped pecans. Otherwise followed the directions exactly. Pecan pie doesn't last long around here, and this one was no exception! Thanks, melsmom, for sharing your recipe!
Oh My,This is an awesome pie.The only thing I did different was to leave my pecans whole,they just look prettier that way.Thanks for this great recipe.Darlene
this pie was great - by profession I am a pastry chef, but I am still young and learning - I decided to use this recipe as 'practice'- I added a 1/3 cup of chocolate (i used semisweet) - after the butter was browned, I mixed the chocolate in - very good - even impressed my family - think I'm gonna make it tonight -