Recipe by Hermione
I want to share this recipe with you. I have made it 3 times, changing it a little each time and I am really pleased with this version - I would go as far as saying this is fool proof!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything except the baking powder into a clean metal bowl, set over boiling water and beat with very clean beaters for about 5 minutes until your meringue holds.
- Beat in 2 teasp baking powder, quickly just at the end.
- I put my mixture into a forcing bag with a star nozzle and piped my meringues onto baking paper lined trays.
- Bake in a very slow over for about 2 hours.
- I like these held together with whipped cream into which I have folded lemon curd.
- I like the slight yellowness against the white of the meringue.
- I keep these on hand for quick and impressive entertaining.
- They keep for ages and are nice with a cup of tea or coffee.
- You will always get an oooh!
- when you produce them on a pretty plate.