Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Extremely easy to make and VERY, VERY good!! (The secret is in the crushed Ritz crackers and the milk/egg mixture).
- 1 lb cavatappi corkscrew macaroni, cooked
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Ritz cracker, crushed
- Liberally butter large casserole dish.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Mix cooked pasta, and the shredded cheeses together.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper.
- Pour over mac n cheese and mix.
- Pour 3/4 sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers in and mix.
- Sprinkle remaining sleeve of crushed crackers on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
This mac and cheese had a good flavor to it. I used whole weat cork screw pasta and also added some parmesian and ramano cheese that I had in the fridge. I cut the recipe in half and it made more than enough for my family of four. Mine was finished cooking in about 35 min. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.