Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is how my Granny makes it. Loads better than that rubbish instant stuff but still really simple. All in all, an excellent gravy for a proper British roast.
- 5 teaspoons bisto, original gravy powder
- 1 chicken stock cube (Knorr)
- 3⁄4 pint cold water
- Spoon Bisto powder into saucepan and mix with a small amount of the water to make a paste.
- Break up the Knorr stock cube and add to saucepan along with the rest of the water.
- Heat until the gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt & pepper (to taste) and add any meat juices from the roasting pan.
When in doubt, good old Bisto to the rescue! I made a roast chicken this evening and realized I didn't have stock for gravy. Lucky for me I found your recipe and I always have Bisto on hand. I didn't have stock cubes but it didn't matter as there was a load of pan juice for flavour. Thank you Wendy-Bob. By the way, love your recipes and I will be trying them soon.
This is a great quick gravy. I used a beef stock cube and served it over grilled sausages and mash. Thanks for the recipe!