This is how my Granny makes it. Loads better than that rubbish instant stuff but still really simple. All in all, an excellent gravy for a proper British roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 teaspoons bisto, original gravy powder
- 1 chicken stock cube (Knorr)
- 3/4 pint cold water
- 1Spoon Bisto powder into saucepan and mix with a small amount of the water to make a paste.
- 2Break up the Knorr stock cube and add to saucepan along with the rest of the water.
- 3Heat until the gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- 4Season with salt & pepper (to taste) and add any meat juices from the roasting pan.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Excellent Gravy for Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 579.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: