Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Best gingerbread I've ever had!
Make and share this Excellent Gingerbread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 9-inch square pan.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl; beat on low speed just'til blended, then beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Great served warm with whipped cream!
This is a very good gingerbread! Moist and very flavorful. I used a dark molasses, which the recipe called for, however proved to be just too much flavor for my taste. Next time I make this recipe, I will use a lighter molasses. Thanks for a wonderful new recipe!