Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this with roasted chicken breast and a sprout salad.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok and cook the scallions, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Crack in the egg and scramble with a chopstick for a couple of minutes until just set.
- Stir in the rice and peas and continue to cook for a further 4 minutes until piping hot.
- Season with soy sauce and a few twists of black pepper and serve.
So simple and delicious. I would recommend doubling the recipe though - esp. if you are eating as a main dish for a few people.
Very tasty indeed. We added sliced sprouts and took out the scallions and it was yummy yummy yummy!