- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok and cook the scallions, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Crack in the egg and scramble with a chopstick for a couple of minutes until just set.
- Stir in the rice and peas and continue to cook for a further 4 minutes until piping hot.
- Season with soy sauce and a few twists of black pepper and serve.