Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I usually fix this slaw when we have fresh fish. My mom always fixed this coleslaw for all the fish fries we went to. Mine is just sweeter, which is how my husband likes it! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 lb shredded cabbage (small head)
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, as needed
- 1 tablespoon milk, to thin (optional)
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, juice,& vinegar well.
- Add sugar,& seasonings, mix until dissolved.
- Can add milk if dressing needs to be thinned down.
- Cover& store in fridge for 30 minutes, to let flavors mingle and dressing thicken up.
- After 1/2 hour, mix cabbage, onion,& carrot, together.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Put in fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Stir well, before serving.
Delicious and very easy to throw together. Since I like to follow the recipe closely at the start, I believe I'll add just a bit more pickle juice the next time. Made for EASY DOES IT! Event. :)