Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I make my crock pot beef with many variations-with whatever I may have in my pantry. This is quite tasty!
- 1 beef roast
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix (1 dry packet)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (1 can)
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 McCormick grill seasoning (actually McCORMICK ZESTY HERB PACKET- this site did not recognize!(1 dry packet)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions (sliced vertically)
- 1 dash onion soup mix (dash of 1 packet)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1 can)
- Place roast in crock pot (score beef).
- In bowl mix remaining ingredients and add to crock pot.
- Cook for 8-10 hours.
- To thicken: add crock pot broth to pot. In a cup, add cornstarch (about 1 tsp) to broth and mix thoroughly and add to saucepan. Variation: Add potatoes, carrots or celery to crock pot.