Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my grandmothers kitchen - my daughter who does not like stuffing at all will eat this stuffing - must be grandma's loving touch:) Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup broth, from giblets or 1⁄2 cup stock
- 5 cups breadcrumbs
- 5 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Simmer onion, garlic, green pepper & celery in butter until tender-crisp.
- Add to the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl or small roasting pan, toss lightly, add more water, broth or stock if not moist enough (should be very moist),.
- Cover and place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover & cook for an additional 30 minutes.
This was a nice change from my regular stuffing recipe - This definitely makes enough to serve 10 or more people. I found the stuffing way to dry, I used an additional two cups chicken broth. The consistency was perfect after one hour baking. Loved the carrots! Made and enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009.