1/6 Photos of Excellent Carrot Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Chock full of flavor, this is the best carrot cake! It tastes even better the next day after the flavors meld. A tad more time consuming than the average carrot cake, but well worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/4 cups coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients; beat well.
- 2Mix flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture; stir well.
- 3Add carrots, walnuts, pineapple and coconut; stir well.
- 4Pour batter into greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for 55 minutes, or until pick comes out clean.
- 6Buttermilk Glaze: Combine first 5 ingredients in large saucepan.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes on medium heat.
- 8Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- 9Pour buttermilk glaze over warm cake; let cake cool.
- 10Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter; beat until smooth.
- 11Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 12Stir in vanilla.
- 13Spread cream cheese frosting on top of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Excellent Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.2
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 620.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 93.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g