This was the one good memory I have of my first marriage- going to my ex-mother-in-law's and smelling this cooking! Of course, I begged for her recipe and have been making it regularly ever since. Her son was not a keeper for me, but her pork chops sure were! This recipe may be halved by using 4 pork chops, one can of soup, and two tablespoons of butter with the Lawry's seasoning.
- 6 -8 pork loin chops
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (buy the NAME brand, creamier-cheaper soups stay lumpy)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- lawry seasoned pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- In skillet with melted butter,sprinkle both sides of pork chops with seasoned salt and seasoned pepper to taste and brown.
- Put into 9 X 13 inch glass casserole and spoon mushroom soup (do not dilute!) and smear all over pork chops.
- Cover and seal tightly with heavy aluminum foil and put into pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil last few minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.