Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe given to me by an ex-boyfriend of a good friend, hence the name. Super cheap, easy and vegetarian. If you need to feed an army, it's easy to double.
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetcorn
- 1 onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (or to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Chop the onion into medium chunks and fry it in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Then add the beans and corn and mix together.
- Add the chili seasoning to taste. Cook for a further twenty minutes on medium heat.
- Keeps in the fridge for about a week, or it freezes.