For all of you familiar with Mimi's Sticky Chicken, the technique in this recipe will ring a bell. It is a great way to roast a yummy bird when you have to be away from home for a while. This is my rendition.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crumbled between your fingers)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dehydrated garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roasting chicken
- Combine all seasoning ingredients into a paste or zap together in a little blender.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Rub inside and out with this paste and put in a ziploc bag to marinate overnight (mine marinated a total of about 15 hours).
- Preheat oven to 125 Centrigrade (250 fahrenheit).
- Place chicken in pan, breast side down and roast (not exactly the word!) for 5 hours.
- If you like, turn breast side up to crisp skin for last 45 minutes.
- I didn't baste this at all as I was away from home all the time it was cooking.
- It was juicy and tender!