1/3 Photos of Ev's Roast Chicken
5 hrs 15 mins
For all of you familiar with Mimi's Sticky Chicken, the technique in this recipe will ring a bell. It is a great way to roast a yummy bird when you have to be away from home for a while. This is my rendition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crumbled between your fingers)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dehydrated garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1Combine all seasoning ingredients into a paste or zap together in a little blender.
- 2Wash chicken and pat dry.
- 3Rub inside and out with this paste and put in a ziploc bag to marinate overnight (mine marinated a total of about 15 hours).
- 4Preheat oven to 125 Centrigrade (250 fahrenheit).
- 5Place chicken in pan, breast side down and roast (not exactly the word!) for 5 hours.
- 6If you like, turn breast side up to crisp skin for last 45 minutes.
- 7I didn't baste this at all as I was away from home all the time it was cooking.
- 8It was juicy and tender!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ev's Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 487.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g