Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My 'signature' potato salad. We have this atleast once a week over the summer with simple, grilled suppers.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dill vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced dill pickle
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 25 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain, let cool enough to be handled and peel.
- Cut into ½ inch slices and put in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, paprika and salt and pepper and pour dressing over potatoes; add the bell pepper, ½ cup of the onion, the garlic clove and toss.
- Let salad marinate, loosely covered and at room temperature, for 1 hour.
- Stir in sour cream, egg, ¼ cup onion and dill pickles and season to taste.
- Chill salad, covered, for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve at or close to room temperature.
Evelyn.. fantastic! So easy, I chopped up all the ingredients while I cooked the potatoes. The sour cream added so much, as did the paprika. I added all of the onion at the early stage (oop) but it was fabulous. I agree on the servings if you are serving with another salad, but as a stand alone side it served 6 adults and one child with quite a lot of leftovers.
MMMMM...This is fantastic! The sour cream dressing was what initially attracted me to this recipe and I have to say that it made for an excellent dressing for potato salad. The mixture of veggies in this worked very well together and I will be making this one again. Very satisfying. Note: I was able to get more like 10-12 servings out of this.
My family loved this potato salad. It was very flavorful and we loved how well the flavor went together. This is a new and different way to make potato salad, to add to family picnics or dinners. Thank You. Made for ZWT9 ~ Family Picks ~ The Apron String Travelers.