Recipe by kikyo7734
Minty brownies with delicious frosting. My mom and I make these for Christmas EVERY year (upon my request) for Christmas family get-togethers. They're the one thing that'll break my healthy eating streak for sure!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 20 mini peppermint patties (or one bag)
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13x9in. baking pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter/margarine and chocolate over low hear stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla using a wooden spoon.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread batter into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- When done, take out brownies and shut off oven.
- Put mints on top of hot brownies (in single layer).
- Out back in over for 7 minutes.
- If they didn't spread evenly, lightly spread around top of brownies.
- In mixing bowl, beat 1/3 cup softened butter/margarine.
- Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Slowly beat in 1/4 cup of milk and both extracts.
- Slowly beat in remaining powdered sugar.
- Beat in additional milk, as needed, a little at a time to reach spreading consistency.
- Tint with 2 drops of green food coloring.
- Spread frosting onto brownies when they have completely cooled.