Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This recipe is from "The Great California Cookbook". This sauce is great over steamed or grilled meats and especially great over fillet of salmon.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- unsalted butter
- fresh mint leaves or fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer together coconut milk, sugar, red curry paste, vinegar, fish sauce and oyster sauce and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to the coconut mixture to thicken.
- The sauce should be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Before serving, swirl in a little unsalted butter ot make the sauce look glossy.
- Add some fresh mint leaves and/or fresh cilantro to sauce for color and taste.