Recipe by PollyB
I hope I did everything right, this is my first recipe. I'm not sure were I found this, but I do make it often and we enjoy every mouthful.
Top Review by fluffernutter
I added a block of firm tofu and slightly reduced the vegetables and this was delicious. I needed more coconut milk to create enough sauce for all the ingredients. I was glad to find this recipe -- I came across it an airline magazine a long time ago but lost it. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 lb mixed vegetables (any variety of bamboo shoots, baby corn, asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, water chestnut)
- 2 -6 small red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 -15 leaves basil
- 2 cups rice or 2 cups cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mixed vegetables into thin strips.
- Grind red chili peppers, and lemon grass in a blender or with mortar.
- Heat oil to medium high and sauté pepper mixture for 3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve on a bed rice or noodles.