Recipe by Blayke Humphrey
Really easy but sinfully sweet and horribly fattening. The best things always are.
Top Review by Bornagainst
My first pie!! Thanks for making a recipe that even I could follow. I posted a picture so you could see what I made. I had to improvise a bit, since I couldnt locate any German chocolate. (I smashed up a whole bunch of mini chocolate chips) but it turned out wonderfully. As for taste? Like a dream! I'll be adding this to permanent rotation!
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 German chocolate bar (curled-with a vegetable peeler)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- combine cream cheese, chocolate syrup, vanilla, half of the cool whip, and 1/4 cup of curled chocolate in a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon into pie crust and smooth with a spatula or rubber scraper.
- chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- pour pie filling on top and garnish with chocolate curls.
- return to refrigerator until ready to serve.