Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Really easy but sinfully sweet and horribly fattening. The best things always are.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 German chocolate bar (curled-with a vegetable peeler)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine cream cheese, chocolate syrup, vanilla, half of the cool whip, and 1/4 cup of curled chocolate in a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon into pie crust and smooth with a spatula or rubber scraper.
- chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- pour pie filling on top and garnish with chocolate curls.
- return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
My first pie!! Thanks for making a recipe that even I could follow. I posted a picture so you could see what I made. I had to improvise a bit, since I couldnt locate any German chocolate. (I smashed up a whole bunch of mini chocolate chips) but it turned out wonderfully. As for taste? Like a dream! I'll be adding this to permanent rotation!
Quick, easy and oh so delicious! It is very fattening and I'm sure you could use reduced fat ingredients, but what would be the fun in that! :P Thanks Blayke...this one is going in the "keeper" file!