Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Apples with Spongy Cake Topping
- for my american pals: 100g = 3.5 oz and 15ml = 1tbs.
- Preheat oven to 180 (350).
- put apples in a pan you can cover with lemon juice and 30mL of water.
- stir, cover, cook for 5-10 min until they are soft.
- stir in 15 g of butter and 30 g of butter.
- place in the bottom of dish you're going to use (i usually use a 9 in cake tin b/c that's normally what's laying around -- ).
- in separate bowl: cream together butter and sugar.
- mix in eggs and vanilla.
- fold in flour.
- spoon mix over apples.
- bake 25-30 min until risen and lovely :).
- you can make this more complicated with little stuff, mixing the kinds of fruit, using real vanilla bean, or using lemon zest in the sponge mix. It's all really nice, and I encourage you to try it! But it is nice to have an EASY and quick dessert that tastes yummy, so try it plain first to see if you even need to bother with the fussy bits.
- Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.