Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love King Arthur's Everything Bread and Bagel Topping so I decided to try and make my own. We love this on loaves of homemade Wheat Bread.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic or 2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion or 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- Put all ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Store tightly covered.
- Always shake well before using.
- For bread topping: I lightly brush the loaves with egg white just before baking and sprinkle with this topping.
- Actual number of servings will depend on how light or how heavy you shake/ sprinkle this on. If I had to guess I would guess I use about 3/4-1 tbsp per loaf of bread.
What an excellent way to turn a batch of rolls or a loaf of bread in to something so special!!!
I am a novice at all things yeast and used this recipe for my first attempt at hamburger buns. It was just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this gem!
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you for sharing it. My family loves this. I added sunflower seeds to the mix and that was good too. I think most nuts/seeds would work in this recipe.
Made this today and sprinkled onto homemade rolls, delish! Serving the rolls tonight to company, I'm sure the topping will be a hit with all.