Recipe by SusieQusie
I got so tired of crowding the table with toppings for baked potatoes that I decided to premix them, using our favorites. The "fat-ness" of the sour cream, butter/margarine & cheese can vary according to my whim. Use herbed sour cream dips to suit your fancy. This is my one-handed response to "please pass me the sour cream, butter, cheese, chives and bacon bits" while I continue eating with the other hand. ;-)
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I made as directed, but didn't add the butter. I don't usually add both butter and sour cream, lol. Really good. I agree with others - 1T is not enough! Thanks SusieQusie for a nice keeper. made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
- 236.59 ml sour cream (I've also used cottage cheese & plain yogurt)
- 118.29 ml melted butter (or margaine)
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 3 green onions, minced (or 4 tablespoons minced chives)
- 8 slice bacon, fried crisp & crumbled (or real bacon bits from a package or jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, melted butter & cheddar cheese together and refrigerate. (This will keep at least a week - I've tried it.).
- When ready to serve, let the mixture warm up on the counter for an hour or so (while you bake the spuds)then add green onions & crisp crumbled bacon.
- Spoon over hot, baked potatoes.
- Serving size = 1 tablespoon.