Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got so tired of crowding the table with toppings for baked potatoes that I decided to premix them, using our favorites. The "fat-ness" of the sour cream, butter/margarine & cheese can vary according to my whim. Use herbed sour cream dips to suit your fancy. This is my one-handed response to "please pass me the sour cream, butter, cheese, chives and bacon bits" while I continue eating with the other hand. ;-)
- 1 cup sour cream (I've also used cottage cheese & plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (or margaine)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 3 green onions, minced (or 4 tablespoons minced chives)
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp & crumbled (or real bacon bits from a package or jar)
- Mix sour cream, melted butter & cheddar cheese together and refrigerate. (This will keep at least a week - I've tried it.).
- When ready to serve, let the mixture warm up on the counter for an hour or so (while you bake the spuds)then add green onions & crisp crumbled bacon.
- Spoon over hot, baked potatoes.
- Serving size = 1 tablespoon.
Yum! I made as directed, but didn't add the butter. I don't usually add both butter and sour cream, lol. Really good. I agree with others - 1T is not enough! Thanks SusieQusie for a nice keeper. made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
This was really yummy! I agree with some of the other reviewers -- the 1 tablespoon serving size is not possible in this house. ;) We smother our potatoes! I used all light ingredients and think next time I will cut down the butter to 1 tbsp because it was a little bit runny. Thanks for sharing!
I let the mixture warm a little bit at room temperature. But as it's cold here, I decided to help it and put it a few seconds in the microwave. Maybe too long cause it was runny. But it was delicious spooned over the baked potatoes and topped with crispy bacon. It tasted the same thing as twice-baked potatoes. Thanks Susie :) Made for Zaar Star Game