Recipe by Sharon123
A great recipe for any day of the week! From Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book. She was inspired by everything bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
Top Review by mama smurf
Sooo easy, tasty and definately one to make again and again. Like another reviewer the sauce was delicious and I'm sure great on some other dishes. Thanks for posting. Made for All Aboard the LOVE Train.
- 680.38 g skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 14.79 ml grill seasoning (recommended-McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning)
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 59.14 ml fresh dill
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 118.29 ml cream cheese, softened
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls (or other rolls of choice)
- green leaf lettuce
- sliced beefsteak tomato
- sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse to coarse grind the fish.Transfer the fish to a mixing bowl and season with the grill seasoning, poppy and sesame seeds, onion flakes, and dill. Use your hands to mix, then divide into 4 equal portions and form each portion into a patty.
- Heat a about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4-5 minutes on each side for fully cooked.
- While the burgers cook, combine the cream cheese with the scallions. Fold in the sour cream and lemon juice. Split and lightly toast the rolls.
- Serve the burgers on the toasted buns topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and some of the cream cheese sauce.